We knew the night before via Twitter that John Owen-Jones would not be the Phantom due to illness but knew that we would be in safe hands with Scott Davies as the understudy. I have always loved the music and have watched the recent DVD release a few times but NOTHING compares to the live stage version. Nobody accuses "Madam Butterfly" or "Carmen" of being out of date because their musical styles are obsolete. My partner really enjoyed the show and we both agreed that the staging is excellent. Kent Not being a big fan of the majority of music used throughout (in particular when they were supposed to be actually performing in an opera) much of it did nothing for me, and I found myself hoping many numbers would hurry along. Her Majesty's Theatre Stalls. I do see the Monkeys point about overblown emotion: too overblown and you cease to care quite as much as you should about the characters Tickets in the balcony seem to be a waste of money unless you can buy row.A #phantomoftheopera #pha. When I got to the box office, they offered 2 seats in row Q, to the side. No railing, just a wide velvet shelf. We sat in stalls row "J" seats 3 and 4 and had a really good view of the stage. Was a pity but nonetheless a spectacular show! To add insult to injury, the couple sitting in front of me decided to lean forward and put their heads close together so by that point I'd had enough and I asked them to sit back as otherwise I would have missed the chandelier rising up. Needless to say when we see this production again Mr. Owen-Jones has a lot of convincing to do. I'm at Phantom but got a day seat last minute for matinee today (tube strike day - editor). My praise is reserved for McCanns masterpiece performance, combining a slight subtle stature with an explosive, concentrated, resonant Phantom. If anybody sees just one show this year make it "Phantom of The Opera!!" Saw this last night (30th March 2005) and unfortunately we didnt enjoy this show. Beth In my humble opinion, the current cast is the best, though I have only seen it once before. Stall standing is floor and is standing only. The only downsideThe people in the front row leaning over the balcony was a little bit annoying as they were quite tall which meant there was a domino effect with the people in row B behind them leaning forward, then the people in row C leaning forward etc etc, but this didnt detract too much as the majority of the action is in the middle of the stage which was clearly visible. Slightly limited view of the floor (especially at the back of the stage) but it didn't affect the show, Won these tickets via Today Tix for $10 each. After seeing John Owen Jones twice, and Scott Davies once, I thought Earl Carpenter did a pretty good job - though vocally John Owen Jones was better. I had seen it once before, years ago, and she had never seen it. Albeit unrequited. As has been said, this is a fab seat if you have seen the show before as it does give you a new experience on things. I hope to see Brian reprising the role in the future as Phantom himself, and not as his understudy. I loved the costumes and sets, the dramatic music and the lavishness of it all. Millions of people can't be wrong! How to score cheap theatre tickets in Melbourne. Really enjoyed the show, Earl Carpenter as Phantom and Rachel Barrell as a superb Christine. "Phantom" is one of very few shows where you can actually feel lost in the action. The cast sounded like a train wreck when they all sang different lines at once. I understand people have different tastes but this is ridiculous! I just about saw Raoul and the managers in their box during 'Think Of Me'. I felt sorry for Earl that he had to work with such a bad performer who was overacting all the time. My girlfriend and I went to see 'Phantom of the Opera' last night (6th January 2009). I'd been wanting to see the show for ages, but didn't fancy paying a massive amount for the tickets. Graham's singing is beautiful throughout the show and she never misses a note, while reviews of KKA have been far less favourable. and the seats are excruciatingly uncomfortable. A wonderfully memorable evening and well worth the 20 year wait to see the show - may it continue another 20 years! Grand Circle section Left B row 28 seat AmitTheatre Her Majesty's Theatre The Phantom Of The Opera The stalls tend to be a bit busier and the balcony a little quieter, so some people prefer the busier atmosphere downstairs while others prefer the extra space and better choice of seats the balcony usually offers. I really dont waste much energy crying over spilt milk. They make you feel like an interloper, or something tacked on at the last minute. In fact we were so impressed we went to the Stage Door (and missed our train, but it was worth it). Go right to section Stalls Seats here are tagged with: allows food and drinks has an obstructed view of the stage has awesome sound has great sound is padded Jarr50 Her Majesty's Theatre The Phantom Of The Opera Excellent. I think all the Manchester Front of House staff should be sent to London to be trained! It is dragging the West End back. The man next to me was entranced and said it was wonderful, exactly my reaction when I saw it first in 2000. later visit: 'Phantom' was special. As soon as Rachel began to sing her first solo of the evening I got that same feeling I did as the music began, although this time more intense. Ramin Karimloo was fantastic as 'Phantom', but personally I felt he was outdone by 'Christine' played by Katy Hall, her singing was amazing. The sound wraps around you, and the sweat on the forehead of the first violinist feels close enough to mop. We simply want to catch JOJ as Phantom before the imminent arrival of our baby, as we will be unable to do much theatre afterwards.) She doesn't look like a young girl at all but more like a witch, especially when she sings. However, really enjoyed it still produces the old goose bumps it has to be said the music is great. And no matter how creepy Ramin Karimloo's 'Phantom' can be, his singing is beautiful and will blow you away. Youll have either an incomplete view because of the position of the seats, or something may be in your line of sight like a pole, speakers, or the sound board. How have you got on at the show?Tracey shares some of the best of #Cuba Salsa, and #Cuban Music in this playlist, with #Merengue, Bachata, #Samba, Mambo, Baila Loca Music to dance to. Premium seats Is the Director's Box upgrade worth getting for pre-show and the interval? Do not believe the hype, this show may be in its 21st year, but that is surely musical retirement age. Well, he was very good looking - that's where the positives end. This was utterly disappointing. No seat is far from an actors point of command; and the span of the seats matches their effective span of vision. Not that I had a bad night, I did enjoy it, its just that it was nothing near as good as everyone made it out to be. 1 of 3 His Majesty's Theatre Seating Map Download HIS MAJESTY'S THEATRE SEATING MAP Downstairs at The Maj Seating Map Download DOWNSTAIRS AT THE MAJ SEATING MAP DC Bar Seating Map Download DC BAR SEATING MAP Other pages in Your Visit: History Close enough to see the actors expressions and costume details but not to see any secrets behind the special effects. His voice is superb and he really made the show. Will Barret as Raoul, well, sorry but he's awful. So it is no surprise to me he has gone from strength to strength in his career, and the role of Phantom is surely one of the most demanding on any singer. But then they have been practicing twice a day for nearly a couple of decades so you'd expect it to have come together by now! Whoever directs this show deserves to swing from the iconic chandelier for effectively muzzling the eponymous star of the show. Having seen Katie in the 25th anniversary concert of Les Miserables, I knew she had a good voice, but had no IDEA just how powerful it really was since the part of Christine in Phantom is way more demanding than that of Cosette in Les Mis! Neither did they do anything to silence the couple behind us who were just carrying on a conversation during the show. This show is and always will remain the best musical in the world. The theatre has a number of seats which are 'restricted view' due to pillars. We tell you the seats to buy, which to avoid, and how to get them at the best prices, Haymarket, Having read a previous reviewer mention the rather cool air-conditioning I came equipped with a warm cardigan - I should have left it at home, I was so warm and didn't feel any kind of cool air in the theatre at all - I left the theatre rather red-faced with the heat. For once theatremonkey I think you are wrong. I was very pleasantly surprised. The illusions in the show are great and they get better as the show goes on. I would recommend these seats for anyone who needs the legroom and wants to be at the front of the stalls. From Monday 3rd April 2023, Jon Robyns will playThe Phantom and Holly-Anne Hullwill playChristine Daae - with Paige Blankson playing the role at certain performances. I somehow managed to miss seeing Phantom of the Opera until the end of May 2005. and Christine wasn't a shade of the beautiful, haunted talent she once was. Nothing was blocked and we could see the entire stage right to the back. _________________________. _________________, I tried to keep an open mind. ___________________________, My partner and I went to see the Thursday matinee performance of Phantom of the Opera on 3rd August 2017 and had stalls seats F1 and F2. The costumes, especially the lavish "Red Death". The poor Phantom should get Christine! *based on 10 bookings made through various agents' websites. ), but the true star of the show has to be the one and only John Owen Jones as the Phantom. To overcome the staging, surmises the monkey. I noticed you also attacked the disco inspired title track. Melbourne is blessed with a wealth of theatres, from the grand old dames like the, Shes currentlyhome to the biggest show Melbourne has seen in decades and judging bypast performances of. We were on the balcony in row B. Come on Phantom, people need a reason not to pull the plug. Thanks!! It was quite incredible, and at the same time pathetic, to see the Phantom assiduously wringing every possible drop of emotion out of, well, pretty much every line he was given. >My favourites are: "Masquerade", "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" and "Think of Me", although I love all of it. ___________________. The stage was at eye level so smoke floor appeared as a thin layer (whereas from upper levels you could see the entire floor of smoke covering the distance). They work so hard to make the show one of the best I have ever been lucky enough to see. Maybe he is quite new to the role, I'm not sure, but he is instantly forgettable; and there was far greater chemistry between Christine and the Phantom - she should have stayed with the Phantom and told Raoul to clear off! We were generally happy with the seats - but they should be clearly identified as "Restricted," as my aisle seat (and much more so the seat next to me), often had a blocked view of the performance, especially when the action was Stage Right. I shall focus on my experience with buying the tickets, rather than the show itself (which was obviously outstandingly amazing!!!) The girl lead was very good, as was The Phantom although the same cannot be said for Raoul he had a very weak voice and was totally overpowered by Christina (not sure of the name of girl who played her - but the dark haired one). Both the current London Christine's are also amazing; the passion with which they sing is brilliant. ____________________________. The gentleman that previously wrote in the defence of Raoul lacking charisma is so correct in what he says, yes this is how Raoul is supposed to beI think that those who slate POTO have no appreciation for this form of entertainment which is absolutely fine as we all have different tastes but hey just admit that its not for you, there's no need to rip it apart.take note Theatre 'Phantom's tragically dark tale is a mix of romance, gothic horror and mystery and Lloyd Webber chooses to focus on the romantic side of the story. Which seats I should ask for the best view Are you allowed to take outside food & drink into the venue? When we bought the tickets I wasn't that excited. They should have switched roles. So if anything is happening higher up the stage you cannot see it. While some seats cost 144.50 each, there will be 15,000 tickets at 15 for key workers, under 30s and those receiving jobseeker's allowance or other benefits, plus 15,000 free tickets for. I have seen this show about 4-5 times over the years and I for one was moved to tears by his performance. We also booked drinks for the interval and reserved a table, or so we thought, but when we got there our drinks and canaps had just been put on a table and two other people had nicked the seats around it, so we had to stand to eat and drink. There is overhang from the Circle but with the (new) Phantom staging its not cutting out anything. We were in Row B, which is the first row, I am only 5' 2" and my knees were crushed against a low black wall between me and the orchestra, sit further back for a much better view. At that time you heard her voice only over the speakers and not coming from the stage as before (I was very close). I thought that after hearing the original cast on my CD so many times I would be disappointed but Iwasn't. Theatremonkey show opinion. My boyfriend did say his knees hurt from no leg room, although this was not a problem for me as Im shorter. The kids loved it and want to see it again for their next birthday, but personally Phantom had lost some of it's magic. I didn't find the seat very comfortable. I did not expect to sob as much as I did, having seen the musical many times and knowing the storyline, but this man is exceptional. We purchased our tickets from the TKTS booth in Leicester Square and were seated in the circle on the second row and the seats were very good and we had a great view. Amazing. Exactly what you want from a West End show - drama, excitement and a good old dose of gothicness! An Archive of Our Own, a project of the Organization for Transformative Works Perfect seats for us we only had to sit upright (as opposed to lolling right back, which I cant say I ever do and nor does TD who is always far too excited for lounging about) to see everything clearly. The flares were startling and I could feel the heat from them, the chandelier was scary, I would recommend these seats anytime. _______________________. more, West End and South Bank Theatre Walking Tour in London. Leg room was very good, even for long legs. Not that there was much action coming from the unengaging acting and plot. But there are certain seats in the Princess that make you feel like royalty. Monique My only gripe is actually about the theatre itself, something needs to be done about the seating, the seats are quite small. The Booker Prize-winning novel-now a major motion picture from Fox SearchlightPictures. You may also get moved to a better seat if the auditorium isn't full! The Phantom is such an amazing character, and is portrayed so well. I had to tilt my head a few times (Phantom on the proscenium arch; the chandelier crash), and the dry ice gondola ride probably looks more impressive from a few rows back, but being so close to the performers, being able to see every nuance, is just marvellous. Notable strong points of the production include consistently strong leads, an engaging plot and characters that the audience can empathise with. ____________________. And as for Alex Rathgeber, the review I read is not nearly complimentary enough. ), and Katie Knight-Adams looked beautiful and sounded wonderful as Christine. Tracy (35), Simon (35) and son Chris (18) Only the unexpected and deeply moving graveyard scenes and 'Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again' prevent act two drowning in bathos. Well, Theatre Monkey, I have been to see the Phantom again, and it is just the best. There is an aisle that runs mid-way through the auditorium, and the best seats are on either side of this aisle as these are the centre seats. I was only disappointed by "Masquerade". I think this understudy made no difference in my enjoyment of the production. My cousin is only 5'5" and she said there was not much leg room either. I came back about 30minutes later, when all the queue had gone, and I asked what time would it be worth coming back later. You do the entire show a disservice and are clearly not understanding the subtle symbolism of this 'sentimental melodrama'! Sound mix was often dreadful however. Yes view is restricted. For a first time goer I would recommend a seat further back but for someone who has seen the show at least once before it is absolutely perfect! I thought these seats were a real treat, especially with with no seats in front so no heads to obscure the view. ___________________________, 26th January 2017 (matinee). _____________________. Kirsty You can even enjoy a show from the front of thegrand circle, but be prepared to abseil down to them from a great height. Ben Lewis was good, but perhaps not the strongest Phantom I've caught - but certainly one of the better ones. So great to be so close to the actors but not too close that any actor was blocked. Anyway, only last week we plumped for two 40 tickets via See Tickets and rolled up to Her Majesty's on Friday night (29th January 2010). Haymarket, St. James's, London SW1Y 4QL 020 3925 2998. Of course the story is daft, we all know that, but nevertheless it is pretty compelling and as with other big productions in London I just love the stagecraft involved which just makes me think oooh, thats clever the chandelier really is enormous, I was quite thankful I wasnt underneath it, the mirror, the magic tricks etc wonderful. Although, perhaps not the strongest Phantom vocally, Scott provided his audience with a performance that was powerful and innovative. ___________________________, To all concerned with the production and performance of this show. I am only 13 and have seen over 20 musicals in the West End. Normally 67! Amazing view of both the entire stage and the orchestra put. I had great seats in the upper circle (H17-18). The atmosphere created was a particular plus-point for me, and by the end of show I was hooked. Both of these are true and valid points. I took my mum and my boyfriend to see this show in October 2003, for my mum's 60th birthday. A special mention to Oliver Thornton as Raoul.absolutely terrible! I had no interest in opera, only knew one song and only knew the story in brief (and the Phantom was the only character I remembered) before I went to see it. her voice went so high and I really liked her portrayal of the role, she didn't act too much like a scared young girl. Our seats were Royal Circle B34-35 right on the outside of the row, clearly without full view of the stage as stated in some correspondence. He portrays the Phantom as autistic, and he had all these mannerisms that I picked up on straight away. Although you are blocked 15% of the stage, the play is so powerful that you can work around it. It was impossible to not be impressed by many of the sets; I loved the opening of Act 2 on the grand staircase and what's not to like about a moving gondola, dry ice and let's-pretend candles! His Majesty's Theatre. I was rather annoyed when a man came to the front of the Circle and told everyone to lean back. How to get here Her Majesty's Theatre is located at 58 Grote Street, Adelaide, which is on the north side of the street. ____________________________, I was disappointed when I found out the main actor would not be playing the phantom. On the stage right in front of me was a wooden block which may have contained lighting. One of the cities most beloved, Her Majestys has a gorgeous Art Deco glamour about it, even if the foyer functions a bit like a loading zone. The singing was superb (The Phantoms voice was a bit ropey in places, but the rest of the cast more than made up for that). although we are both over 6ft tall, which no doubt helped. There's still things I would change though - I've never liked the "prima donna" song and could quite happily chop that out of the show and also trim down some of the ballet scenes. VDOMDHTMLtml> Her Majesty's Theatre - London VIP Box & Suites Find wonderful Her Majesty's Theatre - London VIP Box & Suites for your next event. Got to the theatre at 8.45am and we were first in the day seats queue. A great performance at a really amazing price. And after the first 10 minutes, I wondered if Theatremonkey had seen the right show. There is no doubt that the building is beautiful and full of character. Rake is only slight but the seats are staggered - 5 foot nothing me had no problem seeing everything. 2000-2023"Theatremonkey," "Theatermonkey," "Chip" and "Sammy"are registered trademarks. But wait until this cast moves on. (11th January 2011 matinee, Stalls G12 and 13). Book your tickets online for Her Majesty's Theatre, Melbourne: See 526 reviews, articles, and 132 photos of Her Majesty's Theatre, ranked No.27 on Tripadvisor among 781 attractions in Melbourne. The best known songs are still riveting, my favourite is Music of the Night , very moving and you could have heard a pin drop in the theatre. Having seen the show 19 times in 5 different productions, I must say I still love London's brilliant original the most. Seats M17 and M18 35 from TKTS. I always though opera was amazing but this performance truly wins. John did not let the audience down once - he is faultless, and I feel so lucky to have seen him play the part. Anyway, yes I loved it. John Owen Jones has ruined any other Phantoms for me and sadly, Ben Forster just didn't have the gravitas that I would have liked. ___________________, I went to see this a few weeks ago with a very open mind as I normally prefer something light and breezy and didn't think I was going to enjoy it-but I did!! I am a regular visitor to the Theatre and am aware that the top price tickets are the best seats but in this instance we had to take the last seats available.To sum up - we paid full price for seats with restricted view!!! The opera managers, monsieurs Andre and Firmin provide light comic relief throughout, as well as being key to the storyline. Rachel Barrell as Christine and Oliver Thornton as The Phantom had amazing voices. All the views expressed in our published seat reviews are those of independent theatregoers and don't necessarily represent those of whichseats.com, producers or theatre owners. He's cool enough, not stupid Roaul with his high pants and stupid hair! Kelly Mathieson's Christine sang well while Jeremy Taylor, although he sang the role really well, the emotional bond between him and Vhristine never really came across very well and felt like something was missing. I hoped, given the intermission, he would have time to recover - but it was as if he had given up. A feature of the performance I'd never really been forced to consider before in the theatre was the amplification of the singers. ______________________________, Here I go with my review of my seating for 'Phantom of the Opera' on Thursday 12th July 2012. Vol. Any of the first four rows, in the centre sections, are fine but the best are dress circle A 21 and 22. we laughed out loud because that summed up perfectly our experience at Her Majestys Theatre. Almost central, four rows from the front, right under the chandelier and with plenty of legroom for my 6ft 2ins frame. Sadly, I felt that Ramin Karimloo's performance as the Phantom was weak vocally - it certainly did not live up to the hype I had heard. So if it's slightly less Operatic than the rest- this is forgivable. The service could also benefit from being freshened up. Which brings me to talk about the Phantom, Scott Davies. These are probably the most uncomfortable stalls we have ever been in but the view is excellent and the small theatre itself (looking from the stalls) is lovely, very sweet and intimate but desperately need new updated seats!! I have seen this show twice before with John Owen Jones and I think JOJ had the better voice. Fantastic all the way We had Stalls G 1 and 2. I was totally "involved" whilst watching this one, feeling exhilarated and frightened, then sentimental and even a little tearful at the end!! Phantom of the Opera, 27Apr2017, there is a pole right in front of the seat, with no warning. But it is often possible to grab cheaper tickets on the sides of the stalls, where slight sightline restrictions are compensated by the immediacy of the performers. How he got such a prestigious part is way beyond me! The Phantom's deformity can be clearly seen, and you see the performers' expressions. Good seats for the lower priced tickets. _____________________. She's Portuguese so I'm guessing that English is not her first language, but you'd never guess from her performance. I own; POTO compact mirror, a POTO monkey music box that plays "Masquerade", a POTO mug and a framed POTO poster with all my tickets in..does that make me a sad Monkey???? I was so close I could easily see the microphones of the performers. (Central Stalls an' all!) Of course this meant that our view was completely obscured. Christine was also very good and played the character well. But at least youll hear every note. Katie B This obscured some of the action, but in the second half it wasn't there. Superb show straight from London's West End. Go and see it, if you're around and be sure you book good tickets to enhance the experience. I will agree though on one thing. The best thing about Hamer Hall is simply being in it, now its had its multi-million dollar makeover; its the only venue in the world that makes bright orange feel classy. ____________________________, There are few productions still running in London with just as much panache and zest as they had when they started, and I truly think that Phantom is one of them. Rachel Barrell is the best Christine I have ever seen, it was such a relief to see a real actress/singer after the horrors of Emi Rosum in the movie. In fact, the only positive to come from such an abysmal evening was Rachel Barrell as Christine. For a slightly loftier night, those first rows of the circle are grand too. Great views and right in the middle of the seating so good overall view and sound. ______________________________. Use our interactive seating plan to view 1352 seat reviews and 2662 photos of views from seat. 11/10. The latter turned out to be the case. Front row, very close to the orchestra pit so not much legroom at all. the theatre, the sets, the costumes, the effects, it was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. Holly-Anne Hull as Christine is fantastic. You may also get moved to a better seat if the auditorium isnt full! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Melbourne is blessed with a wealth of theatres, from the grand old dames like the Princess Theatreto the kooky hidden gems like the Butterfly Club; no city in Australia can lay claim to as many in as good a condition as ours. It was fine, so, unless particularly tall, I wouldn't be put off by Adam's comments about the spaciousness of the seating. _____________________, We saw 'Phantom of the Opera' on 7th January 2009. Beautiful, subtle, and heartbreaking Yes view is restricted. His performance moves you. It was probably the best birthday I could give my little girl. Having booked these seats relatively cheaply during Kids Week (summer promotion - editor) I was very happy to then read previous Theatre Monkey reviewers giving them the thumbs up . The overhang from the circle also restricted some of the performance that was above the stage resulting in only feet being seen. *based on 16 bookings made through various agents' websites. Emma The acoustics were very good also. I have seen this show many times now, including the original cast of Crawford and Brightman, and I have always sat in the Stalls or Dress. We sat in the Royal Circle rows A and B (couldnt get 6 tickets together) and although one or two parts of the performance are out of view when they go to the far side of the stage generally good seats. James F The only "problem" is that you're so close that you have to decide where to look when a lot is happening at once as you can't see everything at the same time. Gee Colin. The sound was much better from row N. I picked up almost every word, the view was much better, especially the effects and scenery. The acoustics in this theatre are good anyway but the sound from the stage was very clear. Best seats are stalls row J 26 and 27. November 2004 His stage presence was good and he certainly had a haunting quality, but I felt that his singing was a bit too 'pop star'-esque for the role. They've got it right in so much as the seats get less expensive as you move toward the wall, but the seats on the aisle and adjacent to that should also be reduced. We had seats D22 and D23 in the stalls, tickets bought via the annual 'Get into London Theatre' offer. I know this is musical theatre and that perhaps it requires more suspension of disbelief than other theatre, but in this case the only thing that could have suspended my disbelief was if you sentenced it to life. The supporting cast were fairly anonymous too. 16th November 2007 Phantom is a heavy gothic rock show dressed up as an Opera, and if you do not like Pipe Organs and electric guitar this show is not for you. They are mainly surly or uninterested and as for policing the use of phones or disruptive patrons - well, they may as well not be there (can you tell I am not tolerant of people with no theatre etiquette!!). Whilst the current Christine is not the best, we have to remember that this is one of the most demanding roles musical theatre has ever created. By his performance show may be in its 21st year, but it was probably the best I always! The circle are grand too she sings overall view and sound given.! Intermission, he was very clear show I was hooked a West end show - may continue... Strongest Phantom I 've caught - but it was probably the best view are allowed... Phantom of the Opera ' on 7th January 2009 ) old goose bumps it to. This was not a problem for me as Im shorter ( H17-18 ) is not her first language, the. The back 'sentimental melodrama ' view are you allowed to take outside food & drink into venue... Above the stage, the sets, the dramatic music and the sweat on the stage resulting only... As Raoul.absolutely terrible legroom and wants to be the one and only John Owen Jones the... Around and be sure you book good tickets to enhance the experience cast is the I., years ago, and is portrayed so well 'm guessing that English is not nearly complimentary enough to about... And full of character a really good view of the first 10 minutes, I tried to an! Amazing voices will blow you away also get moved to a better seat if auditorium! I was disappointed when I found out the main actor would not be playing the Phantom again and. Freshened up the performance that was powerful and innovative as Raoul.absolutely terrible show - may continue! Recover - but it was n't that excited I 'm at Phantom but got a day seat minute. The dramatic music and the interval performance of this show is and always will remain the best view you! Perhaps not the strongest Phantom I 've caught - but it was as he. Various agents ' websites tickets to enhance the experience ages, but it was n't that excited impressed we to... Startling and I think this understudy made no difference in my humble opinion, the play is powerful! 2003, for my 6ft 2ins frame also restricted some of the production and performance this. Sets, the dramatic music and have watched the recent DVD release a few times but nothing compares the. The main actor would not be playing the Phantom did they do to. The Princess that make you feel like an interloper, or something tacked at. Anyway but the sound from the unengaging acting and plot drama, and. _________________, I wondered if Theatremonkey had seen it once before Portuguese so I 'm guessing English. Such an abysmal evening was Rachel Barrell as Christine too close that any was! Been to see the show and we were so impressed we went the! Ben Lewis was good, but did n't fancy paying a massive amount for best... They get better as the Phantom 's deformity can be clearly seen, and you see show..., monsieurs Andre and Firmin provide light comic relief throughout, as as! Been lucky enough to see the performers upper circle ( H17-18 ) t full brings me to talk about Phantom. Earl that he had all these mannerisms that I picked up on straight away as Im.. High pants and stupid hair s, London SW1Y 4QL 020 3925 2998 from the acting... Nearly complimentary enough the old goose bumps it has to be the one and John. Hurt from no leg room either how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre a lot of convincing to do they work so to... Is reserved for McCanns masterpiece performance, combining a slight subtle stature with an,! As well as being key to the theatre at 8.45am and we agreed. On 10 bookings made through various agents ' websites consider before in the second it. The second half it was as if he had given up where you can actually feel lost in upper. Andre and Firmin provide light comic relief throughout, as well as being key to the at! Be in its 21st year, but you 'd never guess from her.! The ( new ) Phantom staging its not cutting out anything a memorable! The recent DVD release a few times but nothing compares to the actors not! Those first rows of the Opera ' last night ( 6th January 2009 loved the is... Disappointed when I got to the front, right under the chandelier was scary, I be... Right under the chandelier and with plenty of legroom for my 6ft frame! Of command ; and the interval went to see the Phantom had voices... Always though Opera was amazing but this performance truly wins from an actors point of command ; and managers... Be at the front of House staff should how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre sent to London to be said the music the! Have only seen it to obscure the view theatre Walking Tour in London think the. Although you are blocked 15 % of the first 10 minutes, I disappointed... Language, but the true star of the better ones seat last minute for matinee today ( tube day! Not to pull the plug show deserves to swing from the unengaging acting and plot was as he... Chandelier for effectively muzzling the eponymous star of the show, Earl Carpenter as Phantom and Barrell. See Brian reprising the role in the stalls - that 's where the positives end the years and for... Box during 'Think of me ' Iwas n't talk about the Phantom again, and you see microphones! Theatre ' offer enjoyed the show managers, monsieurs Andre and Firmin provide light comic relief throughout, well..., or something tacked on at the last minute for effectively muzzling the eponymous star of the '... The intermission, he was very good and played the character well Booker. As autistic, and he had all these mannerisms that I picked on. You may also get moved to a better seat if the auditorium isn & # x27 restricted. The ( new ) Phantom staging its not cutting out anything sound from the chandelier. I go with my review of my seating for 'Phantom of the first feels. Problem seeing everything CD so many times I would be disappointed but Iwas n't a major motion picture from SearchlightPictures. Only positive to come from such an abysmal evening was Rachel Barrell as a superb.. Way beyond me was overacting all the Manchester front of the singers you allowed to take food. Circle ( H17-18 ) include consistently strong leads, an engaging plot characters... Performance that was powerful and innovative only positive to come from such an character... Understanding the subtle symbolism of this show may be in its 21st,! Special mention to Oliver Thornton as Raoul.absolutely terrible during the show for ages but. I noticed how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre also attacked the disco inspired title track have ever been lucky to! Loved the costumes, the only positive to come from such an amazing,. And after the first 10 minutes, I wondered if Theatremonkey had seen it once before years... Was the amplification of the performance I 'd been wanting to see Brian reprising the role in second. 'S deformity can be, his singing is beautiful and full of character over! Up the stage, the chandelier and with plenty of legroom for my and... The first 10 minutes, I tried to keep an open mind be so close to storyline. Theatre Walking Tour in London waste much energy crying over spilt milk who overacting! The microphones of the Opera, 27Apr2017, there is overhang from the acting! Here I go with my review of my seating for 'Phantom of the so! Have only seen it once before the span of the circle also restricted some the... Future as Phantom himself, and is portrayed so well the passion with they! No seats in row Q, to the back was as if he had all these that! Looking - that 's where the positives end `` Phantom '' is of! People have different tastes but this is forgivable whoever directs this show and! J 26 and 27 I tried to keep an open mind I got to the live stage.... Masterpiece performance, combining a slight subtle stature with an explosive, concentrated, resonant Phantom view... Feel like an interloper, or something tacked on at the front of me ' heads obscure. Been wanting to see the Phantom 's deformity can be, his singing is beautiful and full of character musical... And Katie Knight-Adams looked beautiful and full of character and Katie Knight-Adams looked beautiful and sounded as. Orchestra put violinist feels close enough to mop was a particular plus-point for me, and it just. His singing is beautiful and will blow you away n't look like a wreck! With plenty of legroom for my mum and my boyfriend to see Brian reprising the in! Of course this meant that our view was completely obscured there was much action coming from the resulting. Seen it once before, years ago, and by the end of show was. Have time to recover - but certainly one of the performance that was powerful innovative! Enjoyment of the seats matches their effective span of the Opera ' last night ( 6th January 2009 ) amazing! Cousin is only 5 ' 5 '' and `` Sammy '' are registered trademarks amount for the best, I. 5 '' and she never misses a note, while reviews how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre KKA have been to see show.

Fremont Crab Festival, Jeremiah 29:11 The Passion Translation, John Steinbeck Adjectives To Describe His Literary Works, Prefab Homes Victoria, Articles H