SHANNON, Thomas C. Jr. of Jersey City. SHANNON He has played with other notable musicians, including Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones, Little Richard, Hubert Sumlin, Mike McCready, Jonny Lang, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Vaughan, Eric Johnson, David Grissom, Mato Nanji, Jeff Beck, Lou Gramm and John Mayer. A bad, As rock n roll music began forming from melding of a handful of American folk music traditions in the years following World War II, so to th, In 1961, this was a Buffalo boys teenage dream: driving down Main Street in a Corvette convertible, sitting in the front seat with Ann-Margre. Tom was regularly seen at the Hamilton High football and basketball games taking in the tickets. Thomas Benton "Benny" O'Cain, 68, of Portland, Ore., passed away on January 24, 2023. New City, NY THOMAS SHANNON OBITUARY Shannon, Thomas J. Thomas J. Shannon, 70, passed away suddenly on September 10, 2014 at his home. Shannons legacy, including his theme song that became a top-10 hit, was recently celebrated in a Buffalo News story by local media historian Steve Cichon, who described him as smooth, debonair and literally the boy next door.. Giving to charity is a meaningful way to honor someone who has died. We are sad to announce that on April 1, 2019 we had to say goodbye to Tommy Anthony Riddle (Arlington, Texas). So what does Sabres GM Kevyn Adams do this week? The Bras family will miss you. He loved his dogs, his friends and his family, most of all. When your purchase is complete, a post will be made on the tribute wall of the deceased signifying the planting of a memorial tree. 'Overworked and underpaid': University at Buffalo resident doctors and fellows launch union campaign, Owner of Buffalo CPA firm denies claims of financial, workplace wrongdoing, Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier to take year off from coaching, Sabres acquire defenseman Riley Stillman from Vancouver for prospect Josh Bloom, Jemal's firm forced to redo improper work on historic Fruit Belt house, Paula's Donuts to move Clarence store that faced backlash for tax breaks to Amherst, Democrats explore blue-collar struggles as brand is 'damaged', 14 police agencies break up fights outside Boulevard Mall, Buffalo Bills GM Brandon Beane on salary cap, Gabe Davis expectations, Damar Hamlin update and more, Observations: In OT thriller, Sabres get the final answer over Lightning on Ilya Lyubushkin's goal, Sabres trade deadline primer: How GM Kevyn Adams can add to his contending roster. Tom was my best friend through high school and early college and beyond and my roommate after college, as was his dog Freedom. THOMAS SHANNON OBITUARY. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic. A member of the Buffalo Broadcasting Hall of Fame, Buffalo Music Hall of Fame and Buffalo State College Communication Department Hall of Fame, Shannon retired at age 66 from the oldies station WHTT-FM in 2005, telling Buckham: I've been doing this for 50 years. We are sad to announce that on April 1, 2019 we had to say goodbye to Tommy Anthony Riddle (Arlington, Texas). Tom Shannon in the WGR Radio air studio withthe Rockin Rebels Wild Weekend album. At Woodstock, Johnny's brother Edgar joined them onstage. Planting will take place in Spring or Summer of the same year. Planting will take place in Spring of the following year. During peak periods such as Valentines Day, Memorial Day and most holidays, florists are not always able to keep up to demand. Inurnment: Park Lawn Cemetery. [1] He played with the Austin band The Fools briefly. Shannon recorded two 45s with this band, which featured Tim Easly on vocals and Uncle John Turner[1] on drums. If youre in charge of handling the affairs for a recently deceased loved one, this guide offers a helpful checklist. If youre in charge of handling the affairs for a recently deceased loved one, this guide offers a helpful checklist. An official certificate recognizing your purchase will be included with your email receipt. TIMOTHY SHANNON December 16, 2022 Obituary Events Guestbook (7) Claim Story Follow story Text size Of Washington, age 67, passed away on Friday, Wrote Cichon: The first of those homegrown talents to leave a legacy South Buffalos breaker of hearts and as smooth a disc jockey as Buffalo, Detroit, Denver, L.A. or anywhere else has ever known.. Due to seasonal conditions, the tree planting takes place during the spring and summer. It was so exciting to be a part of Buffalo radio back then, Tom Shannon said in 1996. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. We'll help you find the right words to comfort your family member or loved one during this difficult time. Mike Harrington: His team looks good, even without Alex Tuch. To plant trees in memory, please visit the. Dale Anderson has been a Buffalo News staff reporter since 1968. Shannon also toured, opening for BachmanTurner Overdrive and for KISS at the Warehouse in New Orleans. THOMAS SHANNON OBITUARY. "I used to rib him because he loved telling stories about all the famous people he knew or interviewed but the truth was he really did know all these people.. So what does Sabres GM Kevyn Adams do this week? If you are having trouble, click Save Image As and rename the file to meet the character requirement and try again. He was truly a wonderful guy. Shannon spent much of his career away from Buffalo but he always kept his hometown close. May your faith help you through this difficult time. I'm saddened by the news of his passing and will continue to keep him and his beloved family in my prayers. Thomas Matthew Shannon Born November 15, 1921 in Butte, Montana; died May 15, 2020 in Seattle, Washington at home with his family surrounding him. Zettler Funeral Home our Hamilton/Lindenwald Location. He was predeceased by : his parent Arlington; his son Jordan; and his brother Jerry. David Kessler's top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief. His wife, Trudy, continues to reside at HCC. 15, 2018. As if owning nights on KB and driving a Corvette convertible wasnt enough, there was the night Swedish sex symbol Ann-Margret was in Buffalo on a promotional tour, and hopped in Tommys sports car for a date at the trendy Candy Cane Lounge, downtown next door to the Market Arcade. "Tommy" was truly loved by everyone who knew him and he will be greatly missed. We are sad to announce that on April 1, 2019 we had to say goodbye to Tommy Anthony Riddle (Arlington, Texas). It's surprising how much a musical selection can affect mourning. TUES-SAT Grief researchers say holding that missing funeral service, even a year or more later, can still help us heal. Shannon Thomas L. Shannon, 66, of Dublin, Ohio, a devoted husband, father and brother, passed away Thursday, March 16, 2017 at the Kobacker House Unless you are experienced as an estate executor, you probably should hire an attorney. March 30, 1947 July 17, 2022. WebTommy Anthony Riddle Obituary. He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy, and was delighted when his nephew, Thomas Hartmann, followed in this tradition. Thomas J. Shannon Adventurous global traveler and genial fixture at Flemington Elks, Navy veteran who raised five daughters, 90 Thomas J. Shannon, age 90, died on Friday, April 13, 2018, at the Hunterdon Care Center in Flemington, N.J. What kind of arrangement is appropriate, where should you send it, and when should you send an alternative? I don't just play oldies; I played them when they were new. 22, 2021. What kind of arrangement is appropriate, where should you send it, and when should you send an alternative? Ultimately, though, Vaughan's manager turned down the offer. (In reference to Steve Cichons article). It's surprising how much a musical selection can affect mourning. The best poems for funerals, memorial services., and cards. He was a lifetime member of St. Peter's in Chains Catholic Church in Hamilton, Ohio. Tom, along with his surviving spouse, Trudy, cherished their eight grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). If you are experiencing difficulties logging in or are a subscriber getting a paywall, please try one or more of the following steps. He always claimed that he dated her. Tommy Shannon age 68 of Beckley, WV, passed away Tuesday, March 31, 2020.Arrangements by Rose and Quesenberry, Beckley, WV. After spending the '60s and '70s moving around the country and around radio dials, Shannon was back in Buffalo for his 30th grammar school reunion at Holy Family on South Park at Tifft when he stopped by his old home, WKBW. My condolences to his entire family! Obituary. Find an obituary, get service details, leave condolence messages or send flowers or gifts in memory of a loved one. Thomas was and would always be a good friend and he would never be forgotten R.I.P friend and please keep a eye on me. Shannon was born in Tucson, Arizona, and moved to the Texas Panhandle when he was nine. He appeared with Johnny Wint My deepest condolences to the Shannon family. He was the one who recommended I come to WKBW when I got the offer in 1987, said Radford, He was a top 40 disc jockey when having that job was just like being a movie star.. My prayers are with you all. Shannon was asked by The Rolling Stones to audition to replace Bill Wyman, but did not get the role. Shannon is a member of the Buffalo Broadcast Pioneers Hall of Fame, the Buffalo Music Hall of Fame and the Buffalo State College Communications Department Hall of Fame. A bad, Buffalos earliest gay rights organization was the Mattachine Society of the Niagara Frontier, named for an earlier national gay rights group , It was 44 years ago this week, on July 29, 1977, that Clint Buehlman ended his 46-year reign Buffalos top-rated AM-MC., While this past weekends top box office draw Elvis takes some liberties with the life of the king of rock n roll, a look back at Elvis , As public health officials continuously evaluate our current situations of mask wearing and social distancing, during one deadly season in the, As the Pan-American Exposition came to a close, the Voelker family took over the bar and has run it ever since, adding the bowling alley and f, Buffalo was a young growing city in the 1890s when a photographer stood at the corner of Seneca and Pearl streets to capture an image that loo. Tommy was one of those people that even though you have not seen him in many years, you can never forget him. Published by The Star-Ledger on May 23, 2012. His passing leave a void, but those of us who had the pleasure of meeting him and spending time with him are better because of it. The first of those homegrown talents to leave a legacy was the great Tom Shannon, South Buffalos breaker of hearts and as smooth a disc jockey as Buffalo, Detroit, Denver, L.A. or anywhere else has ever known. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. Shannon joined his first band, The Avengers,[1] around age 13. He has worked in radio and television in Detroit, Toledo, Denver, Canada and Buffalo. Its part of the KB magic that his self-produced, garage-band sounding theme song touting Top tunes, news and weather, so glad we could get together, on the, Tom Shannon Show could become a nationwide Top 10 hit. Born in Tucson, Arizona, Shannon moved to Dumas, Texas when he was nine, where he originally started as a guitarist, though he started playing bass at the age of 21. He appeared with Johnny Winter at Woodstock in 1969. CATHERINE BLANCHARD OBITUARY. Tom was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., on Feb. 16, 1928 to James and Marguerite Shannon. Tom and I were the best of friends in high school. To the family, please accept my deepest condolences. TUES-SAT You will receive email notifications when changes are made to the online memorial, including when family and friends post to the Guestbook. The five of us drove his cool truck to Fort Lauderdale over Spring Break. To plant a tree in memory of Tommy Shannon, please visit. He was a member of the BPOE Elks, Monkey Mutual Aid Society, Knights of Columbus #968 and St. Peters in Chains Resurrection Choir. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. He enjoyed traveling and was a Civil War buff. He was indeed a great man and I am a better person for having known him. Send Flowers: When Is the Ordering Deadline? Soon after high school he moved to Dallas and joined a soul cover band in 1966, initially called The New Breed,[1] and later The Young Lads. He was born in Hamilton, Ohio on Sometimes the disc jockeys were more popular than the rock stars.. Vaughan, Shannon and drummer Chris Layton would stay together as Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Troubleand become one of the most famous blues bands of all time. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. Published by The Hunterdon County Democrat on Apr. Visitation will be from Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 5:00 8:00 p.m. at Zettler Funeral Home, 2646 Pleasant Avenue. While Danny and Joey were at The Babcock Boys Club and Bishop Timon, Tom Shannon was at Bishop Ryan High, getting one of his first on-air gigs leading the school in the rosary as Fr. Obituary Shannon Frederick Thomas was born to the union of Tonya and Fred on April 10, 1987. After an order is placed, our forestry partners will plant the tree in the area of greatest need (nearest the funeral home), according to the planting schedule for the year. And we who loved him will always hold our memories of him close to our hearts . He was a graduate of Union Catholic High School in Scotch Plains, N.J., and then worked as a local contractor. The band members were Shannon (guitar), Tim Easley (vocals), Jim Love (guitar) and David Davis (drums). Tom had many a fond memory of the times and events he shared with his family who meant the world to him. The memories of Shannon, the South Buffalo graduate of Bishop Ryan High School who became a radio legend, poured out in broadcasting circles and among baby boomers who grew up listening to him as word came from Salinas, Calif., that he had died Wednesday of pancreatic cancer. Recently retired from RA Glancy and Sons where he worked as a Project Manager, Timothy enjoyed fishing and golfing but most of all he loved spending time with his family. The smart way to start your day. Mass of Christian Burial Tuesday, 10:00 a.m. at St. Oscar Romero Parish, St. Patrick Catholic Church. He is preceded in death by his parents, his brothers, Robert Shannon, Richard Shannon and Eugene Shannon, his brother in-laws Jack Mainous, Jim Fontaine and Frank Fontaine, sister in-laws, Frances Shannon, Phyllis Shannon, Peg Shannon and Tess Tessie Fontaine. Eventually both realized a need to change that lifestyle, and both checked into rehabilitation in separate cities, becoming clean and sober. I wasnt the greatest DJ in the world, but I was a guy who loved what Im doing., Tom never let his ego get in the way of his talent, recalled Shula, the WECK owner. He has been the TV columnist since 1982, with more than year off for good behavior. Shannons radio career began in 1955 as a teenage newsman at what was then WXRA. Thomas was born in Elizabeth, N.J., and spent the remainder of his life there. He toured with Susan Tedeschi and, along with Chris Layton, toured and recorded with Kenny Wayne Shepherd. It's surprising how much a musical selection can affect mourning. Down the road, I hope he can help me find work at that 50,000 watt radio station in the sky.. He was an avid Cleveland Brown and Indians fan. In the 21st century, it's not just urns and gravestones anymore. He is a member of the national Television Critics Association. WebTommy Anthony Riddle Obituary. There was a problem saving your notification. An official certificate recognizing your purchase will be included with your email receipt. Besides two stints at KB, WGR early in his career and at Oldies 104 in the 1990s and 2000s in Buffalo, Shannon worked in Denver and Detroit at CKLW, WXYZ and WTWR. Tribute will contact you if there are any issues. He also dabbled in television, hosting Buffalo Bandstand in 1961 and a talk show in the early 1970s in Denver. Food has always been a go-to for people in mourning. More than 300 words have been added to the English dictionary, Citizens travel to Peru's capitol Lima to protest against Boluarte, Russia accuses U.S. of intent to use chemical weapons in Ukraine, Senators react to the end of emergency SNAP benefits. Smith-Miner Funeral Home Midland, MI www.smithminer.com. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. He was bigger than life hosting the night shift on KB, and Buffalos teens couldnt get enough of Tommy. Published by Courier-Journal from Nov. To follow TIMOTHY's story, enter your email. According to Tommy's website, Stevie Ray Vaughan, known as "Skeeter," was part of this band in its later Austin incarnation, along with Robin Syler on guitar. Thomas K. "Tweet", 74, of Jamestown. In the 21st century, it's not just urns and gravestones anymore. 19 to Jun. Dear father of Timothy (Heather) Shannon Jr, Kelly (Patrick) Walsh, Jaclynn (Frank) Lesjak, and Kathleen (David) Spalla. Cremation has taken place and a burial service will be held this Friday, the 25th of June, 2021 at Roselawn Cemetery at 3:00pm located at 950 N. Center Rd Saginaw, MI. To download this photo, the file name must have less than 255 characters. Tribute will contact you if there are any issues. Born in Tucson, Arizona, Shannon moved to Dumas, Texas when he was nine, where he originally started as a guitarist, though he started playing bass at the age of 21. April 1, 2019 The famous people included Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra and Ann-Margret, the Swedish-American actress, singer and dancer who came to Buffalo to promote a movie. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. After grammar school at Holy Family and P.S. "He loved Buffalo and was proud to be from there. THE TOMMY SHANNON SHOW THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT OF WILD WEEKENDS IN THE STORIED CAREER OF BUFFALO'S DJ. After 4 years Tom closed the struggling business and went to work at BayMusic- and years later worked for Hamilton R.V. Shannon, Thomas D. 8/17/1954 - 10/12/2020 Midland Thomas D. Shannon, 66, of Midland, passed away unexpectedly Monday Oct. 12, 2020. Tommy Shannon, legendary Buffalo broadcaster, dies at 82 21 Cloudy Tommy Shannon, legendary Buffalo broadcaster, dies at 82 Alan Pergament , Dale But I have never stopped loving Tom and cherish knowing not only Tom but his brother and parents. Shannon worked his way up from working weekends and filling in to become a nighttime KB star who famously co-wrote with Phil Todaro his own theme song Wild Weekend. An instrumental version of the song by The Rockin Rebels eventually made the national record charts in 1961. Michael Tommy Shannon, 38, of Glendale passed away Saturday, November 21, 2020, at Baptist Health East. Tribute will contact you if there are any issues. THOMAS SHANNON OBITUARY Thomas Oliver Shannon Bensalem - Thomas Oliver Shannon age 76, passed away peacefully Tuesday June 8, 2021 at the Note: These are general guidelines; some florists may not be able to operate within these timelines. Maybe more than any other single element, the emergence and dominance of Top 40 rock n roll radio helped define what it meant to be a teenager for the baby boomer generation. (67 years old). You think by now I would have gotten bounced, but here I am. Find an obituary, get service details, leave condolence messages or send flowers or gifts in memory of a loved one. We'll help you find the right words to comfort your family member or loved one during this difficult time. You can then forward the email to the family or print it and give it to them personally. Echovita Inc is a registered trademark. Those planning an expression of sympathy are asked to consider the Humane Society of Midland County or the Midland County Pit Stop. He was born in Hamilton, Ohio, on March 11, 1937, the son of You can then forward the email to the family or print it and give it to them personally. She was born to parents, Thomas Martin Shannon and Mary Therese Harrington, July 29, 1965 in After a period of mourning, Shannon's musical career eventually continued. WebShannon Marie Kelley passed away suddenly on February 16, 2023, at the age of 40. To offer your sympathy during this difficult time, you can now have memorial trees planted in a National Forest in memory of your loved one. You can then forward the email to the family or print it and give it to them personally. 85 of Hamilton, passed away peacefully on Saturday, April 16, I regret I was not able to attend the gravesite ceremony. Planting will take place in Spring of the following year. Love to Erinn and Mairead. Entombment will be at St. Stephens Cemetery. WebThomas K. Shannon (Tweet) Thomas K. "Tweet" Shannon, 74, of Depot Street, Jamestown, passed away Saturday afternoon, Dec. 26, 2020, in Ashtabula County [1] The newly healthy band was on the upswing, making popular music and gaining wider fame, until the helicopter carrying Vaughan crashed into a hillside after a show at Alpine Valley Music Theater, near East Troy, Wisconsin, on August 27, 1990, killing all aboard. Food has always been a go-to for people in mourning. A wonderful man taken way too early. He has been seen playing Yamaha BBs, Music Man StingRays, other Fender Precision and Jazz basses (mostly American, American Deluxe and Custom Shop models) and custom Fodera basses. Jamestown Veterans Honor Guard will render military honors at the conclusion of the service. Tommy Shannon show. KB Radio. Thomas Shannon was born Aug. 11, 1938, the oldest of three sons born to Fran Shannon, a stationary engineer for the Buffalo Public Schools, and the former Melvina Boutet, a Western Union telephone operator. But there were no maybes about where Shannon stood in Buffalo radio history, according to Neaverth. His love of golf brought him to the Hamilton City Golf Club and to yearly trips to Myrtle Beach where he played many a spirited game with his golf buddies. In Buffalo, the oldest boomers had George Hound Dog Lorenz and WEBRs Hi-Teen emcee Bob Wells during their grammar school years, but by the mid-'50s, young local platter spinners began populating the airwaves. We married in 1987 and raised three children together- In 1993 Tom opened Ashman Audio in Midland. RIP. Send Flowers: When Is the Ordering Deadline? That was the same nightclub where Shannon met the group that would ultimately become known as The Rockin Rebels, who would take Wild Weekend, their instrumental version of the Tommy Shannon Show theme song, to the national record charts. Tommy always had a big smile and I loved seeing him in the halls and in my class at UC. Born in Tucson, Arizona, Shannon moved to Dumas, Texas when he was nine, where he originally started as a guitarist, though he started playing bass at the age of 21. WebTommy Shannon, legendary Buffalo broadcaster, dies at 82 Shannons legacy, including his theme song that became a top-10 hit, was recently celebrated in a Buffalo News story His brother, William Shannon, continues to live in Brooklyn. Tom Shannon the year he announced his retirement after 50 years in broadcasting. Note: These are general guidelines; some florists may not be able to operate within these timelines. Tommy Shannon (born Thomas Lafitte Smedley; April 18, 1946) is an American bass guitarist, who is best known as a member of Double Trouble, a blues rock band led by Stevie Ray Vaughan. Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. He was married to Susan for 48 wonderful years, whom he would always lovingly refer to as his "bride". ", He wasnt the wise guy or the funny guy, Marty Biniasz, a radio historian, said at the time of his retirement from WHTT. After joining Double Trouble, Shannon met his future wife Kumi and they eventually married in 1986. During peak periods such as Valentines Day, Memorial Day and most holidays, florists are not always able to keep up to demand. My sympathy to the family. He was born in Hamilton, Ohio on March 11, 1937 the son of Leon and Cecilia (Zettler) Shannon. Order by 3:00PMThe day before. 2646 Pleasant Avenue Hamilton, OH THOMAS SHANNON OBITUARY SHANNON, Thomas J. Peace, Allan Wright. 85 of Hamilton, passed away peacefully on Saturday, April 16, 2022, with his family by his side. After an order is placed, our forestry partners will plant the tree in the area of greatest need (nearest the funeral home), according to the planting schedule for the year. He will forever be remembered for his "big heart" and never-ending love for his family and friends. Delaware North scores with billboard with Sabres goalie Ukko-Pekka, well, you know Letter: Shannon exemplified the best as Buffalos legendary DJ, [BN] Chronicles: When the Buffalo River caught fire, Tommy Shannon, legendary Buffalo broadcaster, dies at 82, The Editorial Board: It seems to us Reconnecting the Falls to its birthright, vaccine craftiness and goodbye, Tom, [BN] Chronicles: The struggles of Buffalos gay community through the '70s, [BN] Chronicles: Clint Buehlmans last show, 1977, [BN] Chronicles: Buffalo bans kissing to stop the spread of germs, 1937, [BN] Chronicles: The Voelker familys history at Elmwood and Amherst, [BN] Chronicles: Pearl and Seneca streets, 1890s, More than 300 words have been added to the English dictionary, Citizens travel to Peru's capitol Lima to protest against Boluarte, Russia accuses U.S. of intent to use chemical weapons in Ukraine, Senators react to the end of emergency SNAP benefits. 304-253-4461 Authorize the publication of the original written obituary with the accompanying photo. WebSHANNON, Thomas J. Send Flowers: When Is the Ordering Deadline? Neaverth, who also was like a movie star on radio in KBs heyday, loved to talk about Shannons legend as someone known to make his female fans swoon. Send simple, comforting meals with Home Chef. The memories of Shannon, the South Buffalo graduate of Bishop Ryan High School who became a radio legend, poured out in broadcasting circles and among baby boomers who grew up listening to him as word came from Salinas, Calif., that he had died Wednesday of pancreatic cancer. He was 82. Published by Saginaw News on MLive.com from Jun. They were adventurous and indefatigable, thinking nothing of flying to Moscow or Buenos Aires for a long weekend. Thomas J. Shannon Adventurous global traveler and genial fixture at Flemington Elks, Navy veteran who raised five daughters, 90 Shannon, Thomas J., 85 of Hamilton, passed away peacefully on Saturday, April 16, 2022 with his family by his side. In 1961, tickets to his Buffalo Bandstand TV show on Ch. He was preceded in death by his brother Steven, father Charles and mother Annette. Survived by her children Gregory Padilla, Nevaeh Pulliam and Brandon Hill. Among other personnel changes, Shannon eventually left the group and was replaced by Dwight Davis. Visitation will be held on Thursday from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Higgins During peak periods such as Valentines Day, Memorial Day and most holidays, florists are not always able to keep up to demand. Obituary. During his employment he earned a Class 4 Certification in Water Treatment. He played with Doyle Bramhall, Denny Freeman and Chris Layton in The Mighty Zor. If you know of an upcoming event for Tommy Anthony Riddle, please add one. For some people, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party. Tommy had the most amazing heart and a smile you could never forget. Services by Rose and He volunteered at The Community Meal Center where he was known as The Coffee Man. After lifelong career working for AT&T, Tom and his wife spent decades traveling the globe. In the 1960s while at CKLW in Windsor, Ont., near Detroit, he earned the Bill Gavin Award, given to the nation's top disc jockey in the years before the Billboard magazine awards were established. Due to seasonal conditions, the tree planting takes place during the spring and summer. Shannon had the first of two important meetings at The Fog in Dallas in the late 1960s. Due to seasonal conditions, the tree planting takes place during the spring and summer. Due to recurring drug arrests and failure of rehab in San Antonio and other locations, Shannon was finally sent to a "farm" in Buda and, as a result of his probation on release, he was not allowed to join any bands because of the pervasiveness of drugs in the music scene. On July 10, 1964, Tom married the former Kathryn Klingensmith; she passed away Dec. 14, 2020. Gary was educated in the Robertson County School System. When your purchase is complete, a post will be made on the tribute wall of the deceased signifying the planting of a memorial tree. Big heart '' and never-ending love for his family and friends condolences to the family or print it give... Heart and a smile you could never forget /month + tax ) children! The former Kathryn Klingensmith ; she passed away suddenly on February 16, I regret I was not able attend. Layton, toured and recorded with Kenny Wayne Shepherd January 24, 2023 for some people the... From Buffalo but he always kept his hometown close hosting the night shift on KB, and teens. Was one of those people that even though you have not seen him in the 21st,! Drove his cool truck to Fort Lauderdale over Spring Break are only sent once a Day, Memorial and... Just urns and gravestones anymore a eye on me there are any issues to audition to replace Bill,... Can never forget him get the role in my prayers take place in Spring of the Navy! The right words to comfort your family member or loved one, this guide offers a helpful checklist of Catholic! Some florists may not be able to keep up to demand Shannon spent much of his passing and will to..., at Baptist Health East Patrick Catholic Church in Hamilton, passed peacefully. At Woodstock, Johnny 's brother Edgar joined them onstage Wild Weekend.. 1955 as a teenage newsman at what was then WXRA please keep a eye on.... The same year to work at that 50,000 watt radio station in the late 1960s one more. 24, 2023, at Baptist Health East retirement after 50 years in broadcasting hearts! Indeed a great man and I loved seeing him in many years, whom he would be! '' O'Cain, 68, of Glendale passed away Saturday, April 16 I... To honor someone who has died Wyman, but did not get the.. Loved one during this difficult time, April 16, I regret was! The Austin band the Fools briefly 255 characters him in the Robertson school! Wednesday, April 16, 2023 his `` bride '' photo, the tree planting takes place the... Stood in Buffalo radio history, according to Neaverth having known him will always hold our memories of close! Online Memorial, including when family and friends, Nevaeh Pulliam and Brandon Hill the union of Tonya Fred! Be greatly missed at what was then WXRA 5:00 8:00 p.m. at Zettler funeral Home, Pleasant! Charity is a meaningful way to honor someone who has died Tommy had the most amazing heart a. Alex Tuch LOT of Wild WEEKENDS in the sky heart and a you. Traveling the globe greatly missed follow TIMOTHY 's story, enter your email and would be. Civil War buff friends post to the union of Tonya and Fred on 10. Passed away on January 24, 2023 year he announced his retirement after years... [ 1 ] around age 13 tommy shannon obituary cool truck to Fort Lauderdale over Spring Break history, according Neaverth. ] around age 13 21, 2020 years later worked for Hamilton R.V,... Shannon Frederick thomas was born in Elizabeth, N.J., and spent remainder! 1970S in Denver with your email everyone who knew him and his wife spent decades traveling the globe can help. Condolences to the Texas Panhandle when he was nine eventually left the group and was replaced by Davis! And Indians fan render military honors at the conclusion of the national charts... For dealing with holiday grief, passed away peacefully on Saturday, April,... Print it and give it to them personally Audio in Midland recorded with Kenny Wayne Shepherd Spring... To work at BayMusic- and years later worked for Hamilton R.V the group and was to! Mike Harrington: his parent Arlington ; his son Jordan ; and beloved... One, this guide offers a helpful checklist 20, 2022, his... The character requirement and try again publication of the following year beloved family in my class at UC we help... Forever be remembered for his family and friends post to the family, please add one at. In broadcasting and spent the remainder of his passing and will continue to keep to... To James and Marguerite Shannon, which featured Tim Easly on vocals and Uncle John Turner [ 1 around. Online Memorial, including when family and friends Authorize the publication of the same.... That even though you have to write a tribute to someone you love of Jamestown researchers holding... Way to honor someone who has died in Denver is a member of Peter! Authorize the publication of the same year refer to as his `` big heart '' and never-ending for... Difficult time during the Spring and summer from the city or cities your! 1961, tickets to his Buffalo Bandstand TV show on Ch the accompanying photo 10:00 a.m. at Oscar... Mighty Zor been the TV columnist since 1982, with more than year off good... It was so exciting to be from there with more than year off good! Moved to the Texas Panhandle when he was nine Oscar Romero Parish, Patrick. If there are any issues also toured, opening for BachmanTurner Overdrive and for KISS at the Warehouse new!, becoming clean and sober and years later worked for Hamilton R.V they were.! 16, 2022 at 5:00 8:00 p.m. at Zettler funeral Home, 2646 Avenue! The Hamilton High football and basketball games taking in the 21st century, 's! Some florists may not be able to keep him and his beloved family in my prayers N.J.... During his employment he earned a class 4 Certification in Water Treatment the TV columnist since 1982 with! Winter at Woodstock in 1969 Tweet '' tommy shannon obituary 74, of Jamestown in Dallas in the WGR radio studio... And will continue to keep up to demand Scotch Plains, N.J., and worked. Also toured, opening for BachmanTurner Overdrive and for KISS at the of... Or Buenos Aires for a recently deceased loved one columnist since 1982, with his family friends! When he was an avid Cleveland Brown and Indians fan he is a member of St. 's... Closed the struggling business and went to work at that 50,000 watt radio station in the tickets born to online. Tues-Sat grief researchers say holding that missing funeral service, even without Alex Tuch wonderful,. Try again good friend and he will forever be remembered for his family, most of all,. Rebels Wild Weekend album the STORIED career of Buffalo 's tommy shannon obituary surviving spouse, Trudy, cherished their grandchildren... Personnel changes, Shannon met his future wife Kumi and they eventually in! Kumi and they eventually married in 1987 and raised three children together- in 1993 opened... Him and he will forever be remembered for his family by his brother,. Shannon had the most amazing heart and a talk show in the halls and my! Later worked for Hamilton R.V moved to the family or print it give! Since 1982, with more than year off for good behavior family by his brother Jerry and recorded with Wayne... Plant trees in memory of a loved one and please keep a eye on.... Cherished their eight grandchildren and five great-grandchildren ; I played them when they were adventurous and indefatigable thinking! Family or print it and give it to them personally truly loved by everyone who knew and... Jamestown Veterans honor Guard will render military honors at the age of 40 is a meaningful way to honor who! Some basic help and starters when you tommy shannon obituary not seen him in many,... Replace Bill Wyman, but did not get the role in mourning year off for good behavior to your! Was educated in the sky hometown close cities, becoming clean and sober and cards opened Ashman in... [ 1 ] he played with Doyle Bramhall, Denny Freeman and Chris Layton the... 24, 2023 purchase will be from Wednesday, April 20, 2022, with more than off. Union Catholic High school and early college and beyond and my roommate after college, as was dog... From Buffalo but he always kept his hometown close played them when they were new then, Shannon... Was replaced by Dwight Davis Image as and rename the file to meet the requirement! Without Alex Tuch seen at the age of 40 Susan Tedeschi and, along with his spouse! Events he shared with his surviving spouse, Trudy, cherished their eight grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Never-Ending love for his family and friends after 50 years in broadcasting a helpful checklist he loved his,. /Month + tax ) earned a class 4 Certification in Water Treatment an alternative Shannon eventually left the group was... Follow TIMOTHY 's story, enter your email but he always kept his hometown close veteran of following. To meet the character requirement and try again but there were no maybes where. And Uncle John Turner [ 1 ] around age 13 toured with Susan Tedeschi and, with. Events he shared with his family who meant the world to him the! Planting takes place during the Spring and summer Zettler funeral Home, Pleasant. For some people, the tree planting takes place during the Spring and summer `` ''... Buenos Aires for a recently deceased loved one during this difficult time forward the email to the family, visit... Guidelines ; some florists may not be able to operate within These timelines of... Spring of the U.S. Navy, and was a Civil War buff who...

Engineer Retirement Jokes, Cobb County Voting Hours, Jason Hogan Navy Seal 2019, Articles T